Guidelines for Application
To promote MANGA overseas.
- Conditions of Entry
- The MANGA works (24 or more pages) must be produced in countries
outside Japan. Both published and unpublished works are eligible except works which received the past International Manga Awards.
- The MANGA works should be produced within three years of date for apply.
- The works must be submitted in printed form.
- Overseas publishing companies are permitted to apply for the Seventh International MANGA Award only if they confirm that their MANGA artists agree that their works are bring submitted.
- Only one work may be submitted per person.
Only one work is accepted under one title (or series)
In case you are applying a collection of short stories, you may apply only one story.
No more than one application per work will be accepted. A second application will be counted as invalid application.
How to Apply
- Application Period
April 15, 2013 – May 31, 2013 (entries must arrive by May 31)
Applications should be sent to either i) or ii) below.
i) Japanese Embassies or Consulates General
Consulate General of Japan at Chicago
Japan Information Center (MANGA Award)
737 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1000
Chicago IL 60611
The application period at the Consulate General of Japan at Chicago is from April 15, 2013 until May 20, 2013. Applications MUST be received here by May 20 for consideration. Please direct any inquires to Ms. Amy Klouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ii) The Seventh International MANGA Award Executive Committee
The Seventh International MANGA Award Executive Committee
Yanagiya Taiyo Building 1F
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0022, JAPAN
- Two copies of the works must be submitted.
(Additional copies may be requested for works which win the award.)
- Please ensure the entry form, filled in either in English or Japanese, is attached to the works.
- Please ensure that page number is indicated in every page.
When submitting a copy of your work (Not a published book),
Please indicate clearly if there is any specific two-page spread in your work.)
Return of Works
The submitted works will not be returned to applicants. Therefore, if works
have not yet been published, the original should be retained by the artist. We
might donate submitted works to public organisations, or exhibit them.
The Seventh International MANGA Award Evaluation Committee is in charge of the selection procedure.
- The Gold Award of the Seventh International MANGA Award will be given to the best MANGA and approximately three works of merit will receive the Silver Award.
- The Gold Award and the Silver Award winners will be invited to Japan for around 10 days as supplementary prize for the award ceremony.
The award ceremony will be held in Tokyo in January 2014.
International MANGA Award Website